We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

Any information or tips about Zerns Farmers Market?

What's the best places to see there?

How far from Philadelphia?

Thank you

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

It looks like Booth's Corner ( boothscorner.com ) is very similar and a lot closer.

While in Philly, you should visit the Reading Terminal Market. ( readingterminalmarket.org )

Lynn

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

I have been to Zern's many times and honestly, it's not worth a side trip unless the animal auction is your thing. It's mainly a collection of crafters, flea market level stalls and food shops.

It's about 75 to 90 mins from the city center, depending on traffic.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

Booth's Corner is much closer to Philly. It's about 40 minutes.

Lynn

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
4. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

Website is www.zerns.com, or you may wish to consider driving a bit further for a larger market which also contains stands of some Amish and Mennonites in Ephrata--Green Dragon. See details for this large venue at www.greendragonmarket.com. It is located about 2 hours from Phildelphia, but is open only on Friday's. Personally, I would not likely drive miles to visit Zerns!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
259 reviews
5. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

I live quite close to Zerns and can tell you that it isn't really worth the trip from Philly. I go there mostly to buy fruits and veggies. Most of the other stuff is garbage.

Are you trying to find different things to do in the surrounding Philly area? Perhaps if you tell us what you are looking for we can direct you to something better suited to your needs.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

Thanks everybody

We will be in philly for 8 days in april and are going to Reading Terminal Market twice lol

Friday is going to be a drive around day to get to places we won't be able to walk to during the week

On that friday we will be driving to the Italian Market, Edgar Allan Poe House, The Print Center Museum & the Irish pub on walnut

Was looking for something to do from 2:00pm -6:00pm

any suggestions? We went to Philadelphia last year in late March and loved it so much we hope to do it every year & eventually retire to live in Philly in 20 years or so lol

During the week we will be going to assorted Rocky Balboa , The Philadelphia Zoo, Art Museum, Water Works, Fairmont Park,Boathouse Row, Laurel Hill Cemetary, Eastern State Penetentiary, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall,National Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Washington square, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Ride the Ducks, Ben Franklin Grave, Betsy Ross House, The US Mint, Elfreths Alley,South St.,Pat's & Geno's, The Singing Fountain (Sinatra),City Hall, Love Park, The Clothespin, Masonic Temple, The Italian Market, Edgar Allan Poe House, The Print Center Museum & the Irish pub on walnut& One day in Atlantic City.

Thank you all very much

This forum is the best

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

You do not need or want a car for any of the things you mentioed except for two: Laurel Hill Cemetary, and depending on what the various Rocky Balboa things are. If you plan on taking a full tour of Rocky sites (his house, etc.), you will need a car, otherwise, no. Maybe a car would be needed for Edgar Allen Poe House, but it's not worth renting a car just for that. You can always take a bus there and back, or even walk if the weather is nice.

Again- you do not need a car for Irish Pub or the Print Center Museum. Everything except the few things I mentioned are easy walking distance. Pat's/Geno's is the longest walk (except for Poe House).

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
97 reviews
8. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

BTW, here's a good car day: Laurel Hill, Eastern State, Edgar Allen Poe. They are all in the northern part of your visit, and are an easy drive from one another. Then, if you are doing the Tour d'Rocky, you can do that as well.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
259 reviews
9. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

I would probably spend the few extra hours on South Street and Penn's landing taking in the sights. You could also pop over to Camden, NJ and tour the Intrepid battleship.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
259 reviews
10. Re: Zerns Farmers market in Gilbertsville

You might even consider going into Manyunk (just off of I 76. There are some nice shops and restaurants there. You could easily spend a couple hours walking around.