We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

Philly
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

Hi, I need public transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall. Please advise what is the best way to go to the shopping mall.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

Check out septa.org for information. I think you can take the Market-Frankford subway line to Frankford, and then transfer to the #20 bus.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

You can also take the 67 and 84 buses as well as the 20 from the Frankford Terminal End of the Market-Frankford "El" Blue Line. From downtown, count on a 90 minute ride, allowing for waiting between transportation.

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

We are travelling to Philly for thanksgiving and plan to do this mall again (my 4th time!) love it . Previously stayed near to mall so can anyone give me an idea of cab cost from centre city? or could you suggest a car hire company / costs and is it easy enough to drive to?

Many thanks

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

Franklin Mills is a straight shot up Interstate 95 until you reach the Woodhaven Road exit. It's a good 15-20 miles though so a taxi would be really costly.... $50 or more each way. If you think you'd be carrying too much goodies to take transit back to your hotel, then renting a car to drive would be the most cost-effective option.

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

Thanks Tony 50 bucks four ways doesnt seem so bad however do you know of any car hire companies near to centre city that I could contact for rates?

thanks again

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Philly to Franklin Mills Mall

LynneT, I know that in downtown, I've seen at least two car hire/rental places: Enterprise and National. There are many companies near the airport as well, most of which would be happy to take you to and from their establishments. A quick Travelocity search turned up nine airport establishments. From there you can research and figure out which one may be right for you. Of course I am assuming you are arriving by plane. :)