We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden Aquariaum

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Camden Aquariaum

Does anyone know about a ferry to the aquarium and is it worth going to? Can we just drive there instead?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden Aquariaum

I haven't rode the ferry in over ten years but I found on the website ( www.riverlinkferry.org ) and adult tickets (age 13+) cost $6 and $5 for kids ages 3-12. Or you could take the PATCO hi-speed line ( www.drpa.org/patco )from 16th and Locust and connect free - at least for the summer) with NJ Transit's River line which will take you to the aquarium. Looking at www.camdenwaterfront.com , there appears to be a parking garage near the Aquarium. But of course, being from NJ you know you will be paying a toll to come back from Camden into Philly. So it depends on how you define convenience.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden Aquariaum

Yes, you can drive to the aquarium yourself. There is ample parking across the street in the public lot. The aquarium recently underwent remodeling and from what I understand it is well worth the trip. While there, you might also consider touring the SS NJ (a battleship only about a block or so away).