We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

Brooklyn, NY
5 posts
Save Topic
nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

I need to be in Cherry Hill, NJ at the end of Nov and I currently live in NYC.

From reading an earlier post, it sounds as though Greyhound or the Chinatown bus would get me to the Philli.

Any ideas of how to get to Cherry Hill from there ? I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on West Marlton Pike/Route 70 West

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

You may be able to take the New Jersey Transit route 406 bus from downtown Philadelphia. Check the New Jersey Tansit web site for more information.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

You might be better off taking NJT from NYC to Trenton, then the river link down to camden. There is a bus that goes from there onto Rte 70 where the HI is (think there is a stop not too far away), you can get the info from the NJT web site. Or if someone can get you, its a quick drive, or even a cab ride if budget permits.

If the HI is the one I think it is, at least there is plenty to eat near there, you do have to cross 70 to get to most of it tho.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
281 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

Greyhound has a station in Mt. Laurel, which is quite close to Cherry Hill. There are usually cabs waiting here for people getting off the buses.

Philiadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

The bus from Port Authority to Mt. Laurel is a direct and will get you there the quickest, but the Holiday Inn isn't easy to get to from the Mt. Laurel bus stop except by taxi. Still, there are always taxis waiting around there.

If you take the Grayhound into Philly, depending on when you're getting in, you could walk over to Market Street and get the NJT 406 bus - that will take you right by the Holiday Inn on 70.

Or, there is a NJ Transit train that stops in Cherry Hill, pretty close to the Holiday Inn. If you don't have a lot of luggage, you could walk to the hotel from there. You'd have to take Amtrak from Penn Station to 30th Street in Philly, then connect with NJT's Atlantic City line. Check the NJT website for connections.

Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

Greyhound to Mt. Laurel and then a cab to the Holiday Inn is definitely a great way to go!! Direct, fast, minimal to no stops/changes, and cheap.

The Holiday Inn is also in a great location. It's close to a lot of restaurants, etc. Not bad for the burbs.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

Lori:

No need to take Amtrak. From Newark station can take NJT to Trenton, then the river-link right to the Cherry Hill station..

7. Re: nyc to philly to cherry hill, nj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 13, 2009