We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All this interest in Dali exhibition

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
All this interest in Dali exhibition

Funny all this interest in the Dali exhibition. Makes me wish I'd gone there myself. But I prefer regular art.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

Dogs playing cards?

(Just teasing you, PI;-)

Philly
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

I am just curious, what is the "regular art"?

New York
Level Contributor
717 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

Yea, what is "regular" art? Curious what your definition is too!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

Regular art is like that what I want to put in my dining room not some weirdo. And I dont see whats wrong with poker dogs. If anything some little kids come round they see that and they like it, or old people. At least its something to admire for entertainements.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm not the biggest Dali fan but I'd check it out... that is, if I didn't procrastinate so long to miss out on tickets. :( I have seen some unique art work on people's walls and, while it might not be necessarily my style, I respect their personal choice. Myself, I prefer Maxfield Parrish. I like how his paintings, similar to Norman Rockwell, look practically like portraits. (Missed his exhibition here too, of course. *sigh*) That said, I'm sure if they're selling some Dali poster prints at the Museum, they'd be flying off the shelves.

Philly
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All this interest in Dali exhibition

I love Maxwell Parrish!!!! I am looking at it right now actually, as it is my computer background. I missed the exhibit too :((((. But to my defence, I did not know about him then.

Saw the Dali exhibit. Very interesting, if a bit disturbing. I am not sure if I wanted this hanging in my living room, may be too disturbing. Although definetly that would be some conversational piece!

Yes, people definetly have different tastes in art. Which is good for the artists, they do not all have to paint the same thing :)).