We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another hotwire question

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Another hotwire question

Suzanne, I found on hotwire two 4 star hotels for May 24th. One has fitness center, restaurant, high-speed internet access, pool, and business center. This one is locate in Historic District Penn's Landing. This one is 129.00 per night. The other is a 4 star in Center City east with fitness center, restaurant, high-speed internet access, and business center for 189.00. Which one would you recommend? Also, which one would have a better access to Phlash? Tony said that we should stay east of Market St. and probably on Market or Chestnut so I'm trying to figure out the location of hotels. We need two beds. Is the one worth an additional 60.00? Thank you for your assistance.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another hotwire question

The first hotel is the Hyatt Penn's Landing in the Historic District/Penn's Landing area for $129. The second is the Westin. I would go with the Hyatt at $129/night. Just make sure when you are using Hotwire that you put in the correct number of people (2 adults, 2 children) to ensure that you get two double beds and you should be fine. After you make the reservation through Hotwire, I would give the hotel a call directly just to make sure you are confirmed for 2 beds - i do this all the time when booking for our family. The Phlash bus stops at Penn's Landing, so you should be fine for location with being at the Hyatt. Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions.

Suzanne

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another hotwire question

Suzanne, we greatly appreciate your response. I just finished booking the Hyatt. Now, we could use some help from anyone with directions of how to get from Valley Forge to the Hyatt. This will be our first time to Philadelphia. This makes us very nervous about the traffic and not knowing of the exits and streets. I have been researching maps, but can't tell which ones are one-way. Is the Hyatt located on the end of the block and on which side? We want plenty of time to get into the correct lane.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another hotwire question

Mapquest shows which streets are one-way....if it doesn't show you for streets near Penn's Landing, then the streets are tiny alleys you wouldn't drive down anyway. With Mapquest and a call to the hotel about the best way to get there, you'll be fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another hotwire question

I just took a look at Mapquest , and the directions they give are good. I would just add a couple of specifics. Note that all your exits (from I-76 to I-676 and then to I-95 and again to Columbus Blvd/Penn's Landing are on the left, so move to the left lane in time to make your exits. Once you turn onto Columbus Blvd,you'll see the hotel is on the right side, so move to the far right lane. It's the only highrise on that side of the street (the river side) in that area, and very prominent. You can turn into the hotel entry directly off Columbus.

Do not try to make the trip during rush hours. I-76 and I-676 in particular can be very crowded early morning and late afternoon.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another hotwire question

Good directions Tom. I would only add that the exit from 676 to 95 South is after a fork that you stay to the left for, but then the road forks again and you stay to the right to go south. I think the center lane of 676 is where you want to be.

6. Re: Another hotwire question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 30, 2009