We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

We're going to stay at the Omni Independence Park April 20-22. Any evening activities for suggest -- appropriate plays, musicals, music performances, dance -- for kids age 8 and 10? What are best activities for two days worth of sightseeing in daytimes, too, please?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

I have a 7 year old neice coming to visit this weekend and got a TON of great suggestions here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60795-i113-k11078…

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

The Arden Theatre in Old City has productions geared toward children. Go to ardentheatre.org and click on Children's theatre for info on he upcoming musical, "Ferdinand the Bull."

For other performing arts look at gophila.com and you can check the calendar of events.

Some daytime possibilities -

Independence National Historical Park, especially the Liberty Bell and Franklin Court

The National Constitution Center

Fireman's Hall

The Betsy Ross House

Reading Terminal Market (readingterminalmarket.org) and Chinatown

U of P Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology

The Philadelphia Art Museum

Fairmount Park at Boathouse Row and beyond (this is just past the Art Museum)

Lynn

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
932 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

I just want to second Lynn's suggestion of the Arden Theatre. I haven't seen this production since it doesn't open until tomorrow, but everything I've seen there has been first rate. It's also only about two blocks from your hotel.

4. Re: Activities in Phila. for two kids, age 8 and 10?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 30, 2009