We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australian in Philadelphia

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
4 posts
Save Topic
Australian in Philadelphia

Hi

I'm an Australian student attending a conference in Market Street in the midle of May. I'm looking for some reasonably priced accomodation in that vicinity. Could anyone give me some suggestions, please?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

I would suggest you look into the Alexander Inn, Holiday Inn Express Midtown and Travelodge Motel-Philadelphia. Check the reviews on TA first and see if those work for your budget.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

Would you consider using Hotwire? I booked a Saturday night stay in Philadelphia using Hotwire and was able to save about 55% off the rate the hotel was quoting me. Of course, I had to prepay (no cancellations allowed) and I did not know the exact name of my hotel until the deal was done.

I used the information on http://www.betterbidding.com/ to help me through the Hotwire process.

Brisbane
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

Thanks for these helpful suggestions. I will check things out . Local knowledge is hard to beat.

Is May a busy time in Philadelphia - many places seem to be booked out?

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

yes, may is a very busy month, we have all the University graduation

events(families will need lodging and celebrate at restaurants) it is also Mother's Day in the US, conventions going on, it is the beginning of the busy summer season which you will be a part of. Enjoy your journey and have a safe flight.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

Bidding on Priceline is likely to get you a better price than Hotwire. But check to see if they will do business with non-USA residents.

6. Re: Australian in Philadelphia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 29, 2009