We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

McConnellsburg...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

Will be traveling from Harrisburg to airport. Have done this drive twice At the turnpike tollbooth got on the wrong highway to the airport TWICE. Am I missing something? Would someone give me a hint to avoid this again. Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
657 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

What exit are you using to get off the Turnpike? You can get off at Valley Forge and take 1-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) towards Philadelphia, and either continue on I-76 through Philadelphia to I-95 south, or take I-476 south to I-95 North. You can use Google Maps or Waze to see which route is quicker at the time you are traveling.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

The Turnpike becomes I-76 East at the Valley Forge toll booth. So stay on it (in the middle or right lanes), and follow the signs for I-476 South toward Chester (exit 331A). Stay on I-476 (aka Blue Route), and stay on the left lane when you reach the Springfield/Media area because the right lane will go to I-95 South towards Delaware. The left lane goes to I-95 North towards the airport/Philly. The middle lane can go to either, so it's safer to stay on the left lane.

Once on I-95 North, follow the signs to the airport. Personally, I take exit 10 (PA-291 East toward Bartram Ave / Cargo City) as opposed to the main exit to the airport because in my opinion, it's much easier to enter the airport via PA-291. If you use exit 10, take ramp, stay on that road, and you will see the airport signs at the stop light.

If you miss the PA-291 exit, you can use the next exit, which is the airport's main entrance.

Edited: 3:40 pm, November 21, 2017
Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

maps.google.com would give you exact driving directions as well.

Response #1 gives the 2 most commonly used routes.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Route from PA Turnpike to Airport

I would avoid getting off at Valley Forge and taking the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76 E). The Schuylkill can get bogged down even at times you wouldn't expect. The option you've been given taking the turnpike to I-476 S and then I-95 N is better. Check what Google Maps has to say so you can avoid any problems.

Reply to: Route from PA Turnpike to Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted