We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau de Montagne

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau de Montagne

I just booked a condo in this complex for a week in January. Anyone have any experience staying there?

PT

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,884 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau de Montagne

Each condo is individually owned, and individually furnished. I don't know which unit you booked, so can't comment on the level (it's usually A, A-, B+,B, C, etc - A meaning more modern/current, down to C meaning it's outdated, mattresses could use replacing, etc). You should find out - it's a system used by most Mammoth Booking companies.

Given that most of the condos there are 4 bedrooms that sleep 10, and that the rate is around $300/night, It's a popular place to book. For large groups, they are a good condo complex that's affordable.

It's located in town, furthest from the mountain, and a little bit of a walk to the shuttle. Not the most convenient place for skiing, but fairly convenient for going out at night, as many bars and restaurants are nearby (and the Stove is on the corner - great for breakfast).

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau de Montagne

Oh, my husband ate at the stove the other night and raved about the meat loaf. A ton of food was served.

Here's a street map of Mammoth:

www.mammothlakes.com/ml2/Street_Mapx.html

Chateau de Montagne is located on Chateau Rd near the police station on this map. You can see it's down from the Eagle Express chair lift. It is pretty close to the movie theater, vons etc.

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau de Montagne

Yogachick,

Thanks for replying. How do I go about finding out what the

condo is rated (A-C)? I rented through VRBO (directly from

the owner). All I know is it's listing number is 42844 and it's

a 2+2.5 with a loft. According to the ad, it's the shuttle stops

right out in front. I know the Stove VERY well. It's one of the

reasons I booked a place near it. That and I can catch the

shuttle to Vons, the movies, etc. while the kids take the

shuttle to the mountain.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,884 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau de Montagne

If you booked directly from the owner, then I imagine you saw pictures. That will tell you a lot, you'll be able to tell the condition of the furniture by the pictures (but not the mattresses - one common problem in Mammoth is old mattresses). If they aren't on the rental program with a company like Mammoth Reservations or one of the others, then there wouldn't be a rating.

Glad to hear there's a shuttle stop right out front. But it all depends what part of the complex you're in - and when carrying skis/boards, a blocklong parking lot can feel longer than just a block.

5. Re: Chateau de Montagne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 16, 2009