We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

Surrey, UK
10 posts
Save Topic
Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

Hey guys, I'm visiting Mammoth Lakes with my boyfriend on the 28th/29th September. We have an economy hire car. We wanted to know what the weather is like i.e. snow etc and road conditions. Thanks,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,519 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

We can't predict what the exact conditions will be during your trip, but typically September in California is clear, sunny, warm and dry. Winter-type storms that bring snow to California don't start until October or even November.

The statistical average for Mammoth Lakes in September is a very pleasant afternoon high of 75 F (23.8 C) with a nightly low of a chilly 45 F (7.2 C). So days should be very nice, but it will cool down a lot at night.

Here is a trip through that area which was also in September: travelswithbillandnancy.com/eastern_sierras.…

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,551 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

Usually clear, perhaps raining. Very unlikely snow

Surrey, UK
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

Thank you for the advise, I'll be sure to pack some warm clothes too!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

Great time of year. Fall colors and usually fantastic weather. Go for it!

5. Re: Weather and driving in Mammoth Lakes late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 21, 2014