We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying to mammoth mountain

Sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
flying to mammoth mountain

Can you fly to Mammoth mountain from LA or San diego or are there buses and how long does it take?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying to mammoth mountain

Well, first make sure there is an airport there? If there is, then chances are good you can. Good luck. Chuck...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying to mammoth mountain

When I was looking I found flights to nearby Mammoth airport. It was Alaska Airlines that flew there.

Edited: 3:33 am, June 16, 2012
Mammoth Lakes...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying to mammoth mountain

Yes you can fly into MMH from LAX. Flight time is 70 mins usually and once you land its about 10 mins away from the town. They have taxis on standby or you can try to make a friend on the flight! (This has worked before... I ended up taking an old acquaintance back into mammoth after we caught up the whole flight) Enjoy! The flight over the Sierra Nevada mtn range is amazing!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,031 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying to mammoth mountain

Yes, you can fly daily from both LA and SD. If you go to www.mammothmountain.com you can see all flight options.

5. Re: flying to mammoth mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 21, 2013