We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mono Lake sunset time?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mono Lake sunset time?

Hi,

We'll be visiting Mono Lake for sunset photography after a day in Yosemite during our vacation this July, and I'm trying to plan my arrival time at Mono Lake. I assume that sundown is earlier here on the east side of the Sierra than one might expect from the published times. Is there a rule of thumb that I can use to ensure that I'm at the lake early enough to catch the sunset? On the other hand, I don't want to get there TOO early, because it will mean cutting short my time along Tioga Road! Thanks!

~ Scott

Weatherford, Texas...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mono Lake sunset time?

The Photographers Ephemeris is my best friend.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mono Lake sunset time?

Wow, thank you very much! Just downloaded the app, and it is amazing. It will help with my planning for the entire vacation, not just the Mono Lake visit!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,565 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mono Lake sunset time?

You can also use SunriseSunset.com. Since Lee Vining is close to Mono Lake, I would use Lee Vining as the location. Go to http://tinyurl.com/7kht93h and choose July from the month menu, then click "Make Calendar" and you will get the sunrise and sunset times for that whole month. All the sunset times for that whole month are after 8 p.m.

4. Re: Mono Lake sunset time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 19, 2013