We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mammoth 1st time ski - for family with 3yr old and 6yr old

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mammoth 1st time ski - for family with 3yr old and 6yr old

Hi... I would like some advice on booking a stay in Mammoth for my family. We have a 3yr old and a 6yr old, we'd like to book a trip for a three days before Christmas with lessons for the 4 of us... saw some packages with ski passes included but we are concerned that this might be a bid advanced for our 1st trip... any suggestions on places to stay, ski lessons tips for things to do with the children, any advice would be appreciated. I've seen the wonderful websites but to be honest it's a bit overwhelming, especially when we don't know the area. Thank you

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,556 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mammoth 1st time ski - for family with 3yr old and 6yr old

Mammoth is tiny, the ski mountain is large. But at every base lodge, there are lessons offered, and packages for children. It's best to put the kids in the children's ski school, and all the schools are the same there, they are all Mammoth-operated.

First find a place to stay, there are many condos at Canyon Lodge area that are convenient for everything. Did you go to visitmammoth.com? Find the place to stay, then deal with the lessons separately. You don't need a place with lift tickets included if you are buying lessons.

2. Re: Mammoth 1st time ski - for family with 3yr old and 6yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 28, 2012