We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

My husband and I are planning to ski in Mammoth in January 2011. Does anyone have any comments about the Juniper Springs Lodge there. I have read mixed reviews about the lodge on this site, and am wondering if there have been some recent improvements in terms of the plastic mattress covers that I read about and the level of noise between guest rooms?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

They can't improve the level of noise between rooms because the walls are what they are. Some rooms do have plastic covers on the beds, it's true. Some do not. The location is good, it's ski in ski out - and quieter than other Mammoth properties because it's away from the Village. Go to www.visitmammoth.com to see the list of all accommodations.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

Thanks for the update and the web link. Much appreciated!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

We stayed at JSL in April 2009 and liked it very much. We stayed in a two bedroom condo on the top floor near the elevator overlooking the pool and the beautiful Sherwin mountains. Over all, we liked it very much. It was certainly convenient as there was a ski locker downstairs and then a quick walk to the lifts. The condo was on the small side and a bit cramped for a family of five but very nice. There was a game room that the kids loved and a bbq by the pool where we grilled steaks. The pool was adequately heated and plenty of hot tubs for all. The staff was friendly and helpful. But it was far removed from "town" and people do get loud in the hot tub after hours. (One night we saw a group of guys pull back the hot tub tarp after hours and then proceeded to laugh it up for the next two hours. Rude.)

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

We love the idea of ski-in/ski out, and are undecided yet if we want to be in the middle of town. Have been a bit confused by the feedback - so what you have posted is very helpful - thanks!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
154 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

We just booked Juniper Springs Sunstone in January. How far from town is it? My husband and I don't ski or snowboard so we were planning to hang out in town a while while our boys are on the slopes. Thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

There are two areas of town, Main Street and the Village. From Sunstone, it is easy to just hop on a shuttle and visit either area (or both). The shuttles run very frequently and the maps are easy to follow:

mammothmountain.com/VacationPlanning/…

Southern California
Level Contributor
154 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

Thanks. I know they're getting a lot of snow right now.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

I have stayed at Juniper Springs many, many times. We really like it alot. The accomodations are nice. It feels like a hotel with a lobby and little cafe along with the services at the adjacecnt Eagle Express. Love the pool area with the multiple jacuzzis, the laundry facilities on each floor and the underground parking.

I find that Juniper Springs is no louder than any other hotel. Some guests are just uncivilized. They let the doors bang and yell in the halls and in their rooms. What are you gonna do with them?

Sunstone is also a good choice if you have that option. You can ski down to the eagle express and then jump on th lift. We do find that when attempting ot ski more of the mountain getting past the Canyon lift is always a challenge as it is typically crowded there.

Southern California
Level Contributor
154 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

Thanks!

10. Re: Juniper Srings Resort, Mammoth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 20, 2011