We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SXM
Larkspur, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

We are planning a 2 week family get-a-way and are used to Sun River/Black Butte Ranch in Bend Oregon. That means: pools, golfing, hiking, beautiful scenery, laid back and nice weather.

we are used to renting homes on the golf course and wish to do the same in Mammoth. Any suggestions? i have never been there.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,808 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Meh, I meant two courses, not one. Which is why I suggested both Snowcreek and Juniper, above. Juniper is at Eagle.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,808 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Meh, I meant two courses, not one. Which is why I suggested both Snowcreek and Juniper, above. Juniper is at Eagle.

SXM
Larkspur, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Thank you Suzi, for your comments. The browser froze on me...ugh! All the messages seem to be duplicated.. Not sure waht is happening to TA site!?

I will look into Mammoth Greens as an option. It is nice to hear your description of the 2 courses since I am going with good golfers and they like to have a variety! Many thanks...Susan

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

TA erased so many of my posts. Ugh. I think yogachick means Sierra Star rather than Juniper.

mammothmountain.com/MountainActivities/…

My sis has a home in Sunriver so I've been there a bunch. I think Sierra Star is a prettier golf course than any of the courses at Sunriver but I think it's also hard.

Here's the rental place we use:

http://www.mammothpremiere.com/default.shtml

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Please be open minded to condos and townhomes as they are rentable for 2 weeks on the golf courses....not houses. That said, both courses are close enough like everything in town that location may not be so critical. I know people who walk or trolley bus to both.

SXM
Larkspur, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

Thanks, mtbguy, for your comments. I have never been to Mammoth so don't know the distances therefore your comments put things in perspective. I will definitely look for townhouses and condos for Summer 2010! bfn...

17. Re: Mamoth Lakes for family vacation Summer 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, November 25, 2009