We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

My husband and I will be in Mammoth on a Thursday and Friday in June for a wedding and I wanted to inquire about lodging. I checked rates at the Holiday Inn, Quality Inn and Shilo Inn and they all seem about the same - $143-ish per night. Are any of the 3 preferable? We'd like the nicest possible lodging without breaking the bank

Is there a charming B & B I'm overlooking? Also, some condos seem to rent by the night - any suggestions?

We've not been to Mammoth in the summer and can't wait. Thanks so much.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Just to add to my original post...I checked out the B & B's locally and to me, they look more like motels than what I think of as B & B's - so maybe that's not a possibility.

Also, we approach condos w/a bit of trepidation as we've been burned in the past when, as an example, the owner's large (and I mean they were everywhere)doll collection stared at us from every corner!

Still open to a condo idea but it would need to be pretty hotelish and not filled w/the owner's stuff. Thanks!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,483 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

go to visitmammoth.com to find a condo - don't stay in those motels. There are many condos to choose from, and you can see pictures on the website so as not to be surprised by the interior. All condos are rated, go for the A and A- units.

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

We stayed at the Westin Monache this past March for a couple of nights and loved this place. They are offering rates starting at $169/night right now, you may want to check them out. I have a review of our time there with several photos. I hope you enjoy your time in Mammoth! :)

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Thanks for this suggestion. Their website lists the base price at $194 but I'll give them a ring and see if the AAA rate etc. is better.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
312 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Expedia has at $189 so getting better. Any sense of whether I can get a better rate at the Westin w/privately oned places? Thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,483 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Have no idea what the rates are at privately owned condos in June, but prices are listed at visitmammoth.com and click on lodging/accomodations.

That's a great rate at Westin.

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

You may also want to keep checking Travel Zoo, that is where I saw the $169/night rate for the Westin. :)

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

You can find Westin & Village units on vrbo.com for less. June should be cheaper rates than Winter.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,483 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

I would be very careful with vrbo and Mammoth condos now (this summer). Lots of foreclosures and you'd have no recourse since you're required to pay in full, up front.

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need lodging for 2 nights in June please

Really are not that many foreclosures here. Been in the business for almost 20 years.