We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mammoth to Yosemite

Los Angeles
3 posts
Save Topic
Mammoth to Yosemite

I will be staying in the village at Mammoth for a few days next week. I wanted to drive to Yosemite to see some waterfalls for a day trip, but mapquest is telling me its a 3 hour drive??? Is this accurate? I thought I had heard it was only an hour away...

What is the best way to get there?

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mammoth to Yosemite

Tioga Pass (45 minutes away) will not be open by next week. You can still drive up to the gate at the park entrance, nice scenery there right now. Of course plan on dinner at the Whoa Nellie Deli at the 120 & 395 junction while your there. Had dinner there just last night:-))

LA
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mammoth to Yosemite

Is Whoa Nellie Deli open? That's great news.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mammoth to Yosemite

Typically the Whoa Nellie Deli opens at the end of April. 760-647-1088. YUM!

4. Re: Mammoth to Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:02 am, October 27, 2009