We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo suggestions for late July

CA. USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Condo suggestions for late July

My wife and I are going on a road trip and will be in Mammoth Lakes for about 5 days in late July. We generally do day hikes in the area and in eastern Yosemite. Just want a nice 1 bedroom condo so we can eat breakfast and prepare lunches with dinners out. There seem to be a lot of choices. Can you suggest ones you've liked that are not too high priced? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

I have stayed many times at Juniper Springs at the end of July. I really like it as the ammenites are great and they have daily maid service but it's a condo. Best of a hotel and condo. The only drawback is that in July it can be hot in Mammoth and there is no air conditioning. We always took fans. I would want a room on the east or north side. NIce balconies for enjoying hte views. BBQs in the pool area are gas and available all the time. THe pool and 3 spas were great after a day of hiking.

We have also stayed at Mammoth Greens which overlooks the Sierra Star golf course. We really liked those condos. We have always had a condo whose front door faces west so the rest of the condo stayed cool. Nice big balconies for BBQing. The pool and spa are noce to come home to after a day of hiking.

Though we've stayed at the Summit during the winter we have not stayed in the summer. The corner unit here:

mammothpremiere.com/properties/…su67.shtml

Has great views of the Sherwin Mtns. All of these condos are near the eagle express on Meridian. Very convenient to downtown and Lake Mary Road or the road up to Minaret Summit.

We used Mammoth Premiere for most of the rentals. Juniper Springs was through the front desk on our first visit. After that I got great deals from an owner. Less than $150 per night including tax. I believe he sold the property. This summer you may find some good deals due to the way the gas prices are. Perhaps there won't be as much traffic in Mammoth this summer. It's slow enough as it is.

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

There are oodles of 1 bedroom condo rentals in town and it sounds like you are looking for a simple place to sleep and eat breakfast at. Look at the different rental agencies and you'll probably find one with a free night special. www.visitmammoth.com//listings/index.cfm…

CA. USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

Thanks Suzie for the specific ideas you have. I hadn't considered the issue of warm weather without air conditioning. I'll check out your suggestions.

Mtbguy, I knew about the link but am a little overwelmed by the choices.

Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

I looked at the place at The Summit and for 5 nights at the end of July it was $420. I don't know if that was the budget you had in mind. That particular unit does face west & I don't know how it is in the summer since we've only stayed there in winter. I'd ask about air conditioning or how it stays cool.

At Mammoth Green the smallest places they have is 2 bedroom 2 bath and for the same late July period it runs $780. And at Juniper Springs 1/1 is $600.

This was all thru the place we rent from which is Mammoth Premiere. There are other rental companies.

CA. USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

I would guess that by going through a third party like Mammoth Premiere one might hope to get a little more objective comments on the competing condo choices. We're probably looking for something that is nice but not too upscale -- I'm guessing that $130 to $150 per night would fit that for a 1 bedroom.

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

The only properties in town that MAY get too warm in the July are condos in buildings with common hallways like The Village, Summit, Juniper Springs. But if you've gone hiking during the day, don't even worry about AC. The hottest it ever gets in town is 90 and I have seen that a couple times around July 4. Opt for a condo that does not have a common hallways (hotel like) and you will be fine. Yes, if you call any rental agency and tell them this concern, they will direct you to a property you will be happy with.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

Just want to give you a link for a 1 bedroom 1 bath room at Juniper Springs in July for $125m per night. Thought that would be a really good deal:

http://www.juniperspringslodge.com/

8. Re: Condo suggestions for late July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 26, 2009