We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

my parents are from bethlehem. They do like low-key places, nothing super fancy, and not too many crowds. We were wondering if there was a good place to take them,-would be early enough like 5pm. Maybe even somewhere we could have some private space for a party of about 7. Any suggestions?

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
626 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

Wish I knew what kind of food you like. There are some nice ethnic restaurants on the South side.

We had an anniversary dinner at Gus's Crossroads that might work well. Food is very good, the crowd is definitely on the older side and a 5:00 dinner would be fine. …metromix.com/restaurants/…content

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

Thanks. That is a good idea. My parents like very typical american meat and potatoes type food. thanks for your response.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

I'm a little leary of Gus's...I've met too many people who've fallen to food poisoning.

For good old fashioned food, I'd try Dartos's or Brewworks.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
626 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

I heard that Gus's is under new management. A friend last night said that she's heard that it's an improvement.

I personally like the Brewworks, but probably wouldn't take my parents there for a low key dinner. I've found the food wonderful and great for a night out but kind of loud and dark.

Dartos sounds great but according to the reviews on yelp it's only open for breakfast and lunch. Thanks for mentioning it though, because after reading about it, I want to try it!

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

You've got to go to Brewworks a little earlier. I like to go around 4:30 or so on a weeknight. The service is much better as well. :)

6. Re: Restaurant for a casual b-day dinner in Bethlehem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 27, 2010