We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

Which Death Valley Junction hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

Hi, we are planning to stay at Furnace Creek campground in late October and wonder if it is possible to use the pool at Furnace Creek Ranch if we are not a guest (obviously would pay for pool use). We will be in an Rv with 2 and 3 year old little boys. Any advise would be much appreciated.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

Yes, the public can pay for pool passes. They are sold at the hotel front desk, just inside the front entrance to the Ranch. There are passes for morning and afternoon, and there are hours when only hotel guests may use the pool. To get current price and guidelines, call the Ranch desk at 760-786-2345.

Stovepipe Wells resort also has a pool and in the past, they have sold all-day passes for $5.00, which are good for the pool and showers any time of that day. It's a better deal, but check with them if interested because SPW has just come under new management and we don't know yet what their policy will be. Their number is 760-786-2387.

I don't recall if either one rents towels, but with an RV that won't be a problem.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,967 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

Here is the info I got last spring (when SPW was operated by the old management)

----------

Stovepipe Wells

$4 per person per day

8am – 11pm

Good for showers & pool

-----------

Furnace Creek Ranch

$5 per person per session

7am – 1pm and 5pm – 11pm

Good for showers & pool

Laundromat open 24 hrs per day, coin operated

Edited: 10:38 am, January 27, 2011
Perth
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

Thank you very much for the responses. Seems very luxurious to be able to have a swim in death valley! My kids will definitely appreciate it. Thanks again for the really informative info.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

** "I don't recall if either one rents towels, but with an RV that won't be a problem." **

I was saying this thinking of the average American family that takes its own well-stocked RV on a trip. I see that you'll be hiring one, so I hope it includes basics like towels, bed linens, and cooking utensils.

5. Re: Furnace Creek Ranch swimming pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 29, 2012