We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shorewalk Vacation Villas

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Shorewalk Vacation Villas

UK family looking to rent at Shorewalk in Sept. Any comments/tips/advice re the complex and surrounding area appreciated. 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 6 yrs) - looking at Shorewalk as seems plenty to do onsite and fairly central for driving to places. Thinking of renting direct from owners via Villas2000 frbvo website.

york
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

I think you'll love it. We started visiting when our children were a similar age. they are 18 and 20 now, and we still can't stop them coming. Shorewalk condos can be very dated, bur if you rent from a private owner, you will probably pay more, but get a little more. The pools are very relaxed with kids, September is very quiet, and you will often have the place to yourselves. The kids will be constantly occupied in the pool or fishing in the lakes, without you having to get in the car. The supermarket is so close that we were confident to sed ours 'shopping', for an Albertons sub, while we stayed by the pool. If you wanted an occassional night when you had a drink with your meal, there are great restraunts within walking distance, and if it rains - and it will in september, you have bowling and the cinema within walking distance, which is rare in Florida. We tend to land in Orlando and stay 2 days in the parks, then drive to Shorewalk. We will visit Busch Gardens and the fantastic waterpark next door in the week. The beaches are a short drive away, and like the carribean, don't leave without fishing off the Rod and Reel pier at Anna Maria Island, and eating their crabcakes. We go 14th April can't wait. If you book I am sure you will enjoy.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

Thanks for your feedback, we have now booked with a private owner, thanks to information from Go Braves in Leyland. If anyone is visiting Shorewalk before us in Sept this year, let us know how you get on.

Omaha, Ne
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

We are getting married on the beach and will be staying at shorewalk in about 5 weeks, we will leave information after our trip.

Leyland, Lancs
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

Frances123, we go late April.

I'm happy to talk to you direct about Shorewalk, Bradenton, Sarasota etc. I don't want to post my email address here in public, but I don't mind our 'Shorewalk owner' passing it on to you if you want to approach him first. We have stayed in Bradenton twice and Florida too many times to mention, and can offer you loads of advice if you need any.

york
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

We would welcome private owners with availibilty 14th April.. Flights booked, paid for and counting the days.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

Go Braves - have you been to Shorewalk now? What was your condo like? We are looking forward to our stay later this year. Any tips and hints would be welcomed.

7. Re: Shorewalk Vacation Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 02, 2009