We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest golf course

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford, Ontario...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest golf course

Hope some golfers can help with this one. Want to get my in-laws a gift certificate for a nice golf course for when they come down in February - March. Shouldn't be farther than 30-40 minute drive from Bradenton. Looking for a medium-priced course (60-100 range). Beautiful scenery is probably more important than the complexity of the course, although they do like longer courses (over 6500 yards). Any recommendations from local experts???

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
49 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest golf course

You can always go to the "Big Summer Golf Card" web site to check on courses & locations.

"http://www.bigsummergolf.com/" Hope this helps.............

We go down to Anna Maria Island three times a year (May, July & October) for 9 days each trip. I play golf from Venice up to just north of the Bradenton exit when I play with my friends that live in the area. Here is a list I've started showing the course architect & what I thought about the course when I played it. I'm 62 & still hit the ball pretty good & my handicap still stays under a 10 :-)

IMG Academies (Gene Bates) Great

Imperial Lakewoods Golf Club (Ted McAnlis) Good

Legacy Golf Club (Arnold Palmer) Great

Misty Creek Country Club (Ted McAnlis) Great

Palm Aire Country Club

Lakes Course (Joe Lee) Good

Champions Course (Dick Wilson) Good

River Strand at Heritage Harbor (Arthur Hills) Good

River Wilderness Country Club (Ted McAnlis) Great

Rosedale Golf & Country Club (Ted McAnlis) Tight & Tricky

Sarasota National Golf Club (Gordon Lewis) Great

Stoneybrook Golf Club (Arthur Hills) Good

The Meadows Country Club

Highlands Course (Ron Carl) Good

Meadows Course (Ron Carl) Good

The River Club (Ron Carl) Good

University Park Country Club (Ron Carl) Great

Venetian Golf & River Club (Chip Powel) Great

Waterleaf Golf Club (Ted McAnlis) Great

The Legacy Golf Club & the University Park Country Club are two of my favorites along with Sarasota National Golf Club & Venetian Golf & River Club. Waterleaf Golf Club is great, but the back side will bring you to your knees :-)

Level Contributor
1 post
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest golf course

The Legacy golf course is a very challenging golf course and is usually in very good condition. Aldo Waterlief golf course is a more challenging course that may fit that budget.both courses are near i75 and near Bradenton.

3. Re: Nicest golf course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, January 01, 2015