We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bradenton Holiday report.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bradenton Holiday report.

Arrived Aug 27th for two weeks then week in Orlando. Villa in Regal Oaks, Bradenton very comfortable apart fro A/C which was in a locked box and was very fierce and cold at night. Was here for a relaxing holiday and went to Tarpon Springs [wnet on a tour with Island Winds Boat Tours], Myakka River State Park [lost glasses $217 to replace],Sanibel , Fort Myers Beach, Anna Maria Island and Arcadia [don't bother] wanted to take sunset dinner cruise but the weather, while hot was overcast at night and did not see sunsets. During the day weather was sunny spells and cloudy with bright skies. Apart from day at Sanibel ,got sunburn. Ate out every night, can recommend Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden and Stonewood Grill. Orlando report to follow.

Five O'Clock Charlie Boat Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Bradenton Beach Parasailing
Parasailing & Paragliding, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Speed Boats Tours
Deep Trouble Dive
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

Thanks for your trip report. Hope you are able to report on the rest of your trip. AMI or Bradenton is a great place to use as a base.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

Thanks for the trip review.

Why did you go to Arcadia?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

Hi DonnaFl

Every roadsign seemed to point to it, so I thought I would see what it was like, I should not have bothered.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

We love Sanibel and always make a visit for a couple of days. Cannot believe the air con in lock box. Read your other TR and you were unlucky with the rental. Hope you enjoyed your holiday though.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

Oh. It is probably the largest town if you are heading in that direction, but it is not a tourist destination, but it is the county seat of DeSoto county, thus has a County County Courthouse. It was the site of a State Mental Hopsital that was closed in 2002.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

The only good thing I know of to come out of Arcadia is my current dog! He is a Border Collie/Lab mix, and the best dog we have ever had.

7. Re: Bradenton Holiday report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 22, 2012