We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McKechnie Field question

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
McKechnie Field question

I am traveling with my grandson (age 9) who is a baseball fan and am looking into taking him to a Marauders game on Monday night August 27th. We are staying on Siesta Key. Does anyone know about the field and if it's a good place to see a game? The website is only showing general admission tickets. Are there no reserved seats? How about traveling farther for either Clearwater or Tampa? We are Yankee fans, but not sure if it would be worth traveling the extra distance. The stadium in Clearwater looks really nice. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
De Soto National Memorial
Historic Sites, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails
McKechnie Field
Arenas & Stadiums
bradenton,florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McKechnie Field question

McKechnie Field is a great field to see baseball. All seats are general admission during Marauders games. The area is not the best as it is in an older part of Bradenton on US 41. But near the stadium is safe. They also have cheap concessions there as well. The only real downside is that it is outside and it can get hot as it is Florida. So just remember to keep hydrated and you will be fine. As for the parks in Clearwater and Tampa,they are the same. I prefer the local park though.

Mentioned in this post
McKechnie Field
McKechnie Field
455 Reviews
Bradenton, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Commack, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: McKechnie Field question

Thank you for your reply and the information about the seating and the area. We will plan to go to the Monday 8/29 night game and I know my grandson will love it.

Palma Sola, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McKechnie Field question

McKechnie is one of the best places anywhere to watch live baseball because of its size and charm. The players love it too. I've had many Tampa based yankee fans tell me they would rather see a game in McKmechnie than any other grapefruit league stadium. The one drawback to McKechnie is it lacks adequate covered seating areas and the sun, even in the sping is brutal. Night games are not an issue.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
4. Re: McKechnie Field question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 12, 2012