We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

We have searched many websites for a villa close to Sarasota, and have decided on the area of Bradenton.

The 4 areas mentioned seem to be pretty popular communities. Some of the websites state that you can walk to restaurants/supermarkets, and some just say 'close by'..

Can anyone offer any advice on what area would be most central or walkable.

We will of course have car hire, but would like to have some options should we not want to travel out some evenings.

Any info appreciated, thanks.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

I can tell you that from both Sabal Harbour and Heritage Harbor you will had a drive to restaurants and shops. Both are also a drive to the beach, at least 1/2 hour. Can't find Regal Oaks or University Place, but have a feeling if the latter is on University Drive it would be the most likely to be walkable to something. If you could send addresses for these two I might be able to help more.

miltonkeynes
Level Contributor
108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

Hi

We have a seasonal home in both Sabal Harbour and Heritage Harbour. Sabal Harbour is very well placed for dining , entertainment, shopping etc. You will need to drive but a 15 minute drive gets you to Coopers Creek Boulevard just off |University Parkway where there are lots of restaurants and shopping. A 3mile drive either east or west on SR70 takes you to either a Publix or Wal Mart supermarket. Even nearer is a Sweetbay supermarket. Heritage Harbour is a great golfing community but is one stop north on the I-75 from Sabal Harbour. University Place is nearer to University Parkway where there are numerous shops, restaurants etc but again you would need to drive. Regal Oaks is an older community than the other 3 and I know very little about it.

If you would like any further info send me a pp.

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

Thanks for your messages, I have noted the info.

We are still looking, and now also interested on a couple of golf resorts as well as Sabal & Heritage Harbour.

Will get there in the end ;-)

Bradenton, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

I live in Sabal Harbour, and honestly have no understood why there are so many rentals, since to me it seems like it is a drive to most places. Not a long one, though (which is why we chose to live here!), but not close enough to attractions or the beach that I would consider it for my next vacation.

I don't know Regal Oaks, but have friends who live in the other two communities.

In each case, we are about 30 minutes with many traffic lights to get to the beach. Around 2 hours to Cape Canaveral, Tampa is just under an hour (or more, depending on where in Tampa you are headed), Disney is cloesr to two hours.

We are convenient to shopping malls and restaurants (all three locations, with Univeristy and Sabal being cloesr to better restaurants, IMO). You will definitely need a car. You can't really walk to anything besides the corner gas station or CVS store.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

You will drive, from any of these properties. It is a minimum of 30 minutes to the beach, more like 45-60. They are residential communities, golf communities, and not close to anything.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

Just stayed on Sabal Harbour for a week before flying up to Cape Cod where we are now freezing cold a soaking wet.

The weather in Florida was brilliant, touching 100.F some days.

Driving around was fine, Crescent beach parking to villa door in 32 minutes, Anna Maria Island beaches in around the same time on most occasions. We may have been lucky in this respect last week, but I do not stress about the drive when on holiday, I know it is different if you live there.

The convenience of the Interstate (just 5 minutes away)does allow quick trips to Ellenton Mall and also many of the beach towns avoiding all the traffic.

If you want a large villa with private pool,fully equipped kitchen, tv,s everywhere and all the space of a 3 to 5 bedroom home to spread out in then Sabal Harbour is brilliant.

If you do not want the drive to the beaches and are prepared to pay a little more then go for a place on the Islands. They both deserve consideration for different reasons.

Regardsto all.

H.

7. Re: Regal Oaks, Sabal Harbour, Heritage Harbor, University Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 20, 2009