We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dayton Art Institute

cin.,oh
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dayton Art Institute

I`m hoping someone can help me,I have a couple of questions about the institute.

Has anyone seen the special exhibit,You Are My Superhero? We have a superhero fan in our family and I was just wondering if it`s worth the time to drive a hour and a half to see.

Also, how long does it take to tour the whole museum?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dayton Art Institute

Hopefully others that know more than me will chime in for you. It has been a few years since I have been there but I believe you could leisurely see everything in a few hours. I can't comment on the exhibit though I will ask around to see if I can dig anything up.

cin.,oh
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dayton Art Institute

Thanks Trabba,

We won`t be able to go until Sept. Hopefully,someone else will "chime in'" before then. Any other info that you can get will be appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the time to get me a answer.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dayton Art Institute

This is from a friend of mine but hopefully it helps as it does not look like anyone here has any first hand experience yet. This is not a very active board either so you never know if someone might come across it but hope this helps.

It is very comic book based, especially older Golden Age and Silver age, kind of like taking you through the progression of art and superheroes through the early years. There are also areas devoted to some local artists and some constumes on display as well. There is an interactive exhibit where you can stand in front of a lifesize comic book and you would basically be on the cover in a photo.

cin.,oh
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dayton Art Institute

Trabba,

Thanks for finding out details of the exhibit. My son and his friends have just started getting into collecting old comic books. I`m sure he would be very interested to see the older stuff.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dayton Art Institute

You could combine the Art Institute with a trip to Boonshaft Musuem

http://www.boonshoftmuseum.org

and make a day of it. The museums are a short distance apart or go out to Wright-Patterson and do the aviation museum although it is further and the opposite direction from home.

http://www.boonshoftmuseum.org

Enjoy

6. Re: Dayton Art Institute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, July 15, 2014