We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University of Dayton

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
University of Dayton

My daughter and I are visiting the end of February. We are considering staying at the Holiday Inn Express/Dayton South. How is the rush hour traffic on a Monday morning? Is it better to take I675 to I 75 to the campus, or up through Rt 48? Any comments on the hotel choice as well?

Dayton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Dayton
Level Contributor
430 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: University of Dayton

I would take 675 to 75, Route 48 is Main St and there are too many lights and traffic that time of day. There's a Marriott really close by if you might want to change reservations. The Marriott is about 2 minutes away. There are also a Crown Plaza and Double Tree downtown that are going to be easier and quicker to get to UD. I really wouldn't worry, one of the good things about Dayton is that even with traffic, you usually get anywhere in the area in 20-30 minutes. Let me know if you want any restaurant etc recommendations. Lots go places to eat and things to do in Dayton. Enjoy!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: University of Dayton

I would second maybe considering the Marriott and there is also a Courtyard (another Marriott porperty) across the river by UD Arena. Both would be closer and a lot less traffic on Monday morning. 675/75 if you still stick with your original plan is quicker than 48 from there. There are a couple of back ways I could give you depending on your comfort/familiarity with the area.

3. Re: University of Dayton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, June 12, 2013