We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife for 40 yr old men

Which Dayton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife for 40 yr old men

Small group coming to Dayton Mall area Tomorrow night looking for a nice bar or nightclub. We are staying near the Dayton Mall so something close would be great! Any help would be appreciated!

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

The Funny Bone Comedy Club is @ the Greene, a little north of there. Might check out their website, if it is something you might be interested in.

Can get dinner there, too.

http://tinyurl.com/7cl2qcs

Edited: 11:42 pm, February 07, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

For the Dayton Mall area, you have options. Some night clubs that come to mind are Julia's, Pulsations, Vue Ultra, Yellow Rose, South Beach. South Beach is the only one I have been in recently. It tends to attract the 40+ crowd.

For bars, depends on what you are looking for. You have Rooster's and Fricker's, which are both sports bars. You have other places like Friday's, Cadillac Jack's, and other chain places. You have a few holes in the wall. You also have a few gentleman's clubs around as well if that is what you are looking for.

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
20 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

Next time try Chappy's Tap room, they have good food and an excellent draft beer selection. It's local and about 10 minutes from the Dayton Mall.

http://chappystaproom.com/WebPages/index.htm

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

Thanks for your help..just a quick review..

went to Rusty Bucket for Happy Hour.. nice crowd good beer choices

after dinner , about 9:45 went to South Beach, completely dead we were the only people at the bar.

went to Vue...1 car in the parking lot

went Dr Doodles there was a handful of people but most were smoking inside the bar so we left.. I thought Ohio had a no smoking ban?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

Yeah, not much nightlife in Dayton during the week unless you want the meat market crowd. Only times I have been to South Beach were on Fridays and it was about half full usually.

Ohio does have a no smoking ban but a lot of smaller/neighborhood bars don't really pay attention to it and a lot of the ones that did are no longer in business. Usually they ask for a dollar or two donation to smoke and use that to pay the fines. From what I have heard, the health inspector actually has to catch them red handed to even do anything about it.

Next time, maybe try a sports bar or stick to the chains if it is a weeknight. You'll probably have a livelier crowd and won't have the smoking either.

If you are ever on the north side of Dayton, I could probably be a better help.

6. Re: Nightlife for 40 yr old men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 08, 2013