We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

Which Fruita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

We are traveling to Fruita in mid June to have our daughter participate in one of the Museum's Dino Digs. While her father will accompany her I will stay with our other daughter who is 3. Any suggestions on how to keep her occupied while they spend the day in the quarry?

Colorado
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

Saffys-Mum: In Fruita, there is a really cool kids museum about dinosaurs. It's right off the freeway toward Colorado National Monument. WE camped at the state park right there a few years ago. Colorado National Monument is quite spectacular and quite a surprise. My sis in law goes there quite a bit and they just love it. It's a awesome park and quite a hidden jewel.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

Thank you for your help! She can be a handful and sitting around the hotel is simply not going to work.

Grand Junction, CO
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

I live in Grand Junction and have a 3 y/o daughter. Unfortunately there's not a lot for very young children to do.

There is an indoor kids 'gymnasium' called Kidzplex which is like a McDonald's playland on steroids. She would probably enjoy that, our daughter loves it.

I would avoid Bananas Fun Park with such a small child. We took our daughter a couple of weeks ago and only spent an hour because there just wasn't much for her to do. It's mostly geared toward older children and adults.

If she likes farm animals there's a place called Moon Farm north of Fruita. They have a dozen or so play houses and lots of animals to pet. Just look them up in the phone book and call for directions. They only charge a few dollars admission.

Other than that there are lots of public parks in Grand Junction and nearly every one has a kids playground. If you're staying in Fruita or near the I-70 Interstate I recommend Canyon View Park. It's just off the 24 Road exit on the East side, you can't miss it. It has a very large playground area.

The weather may be a bit warm so be sure to bring plenty of water along if you're going to be outside.

I hope you enjoy the area as much as I do.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Fruita/ Grand Junction?

Thank you so much for your help! We will be there this time next week and I noticed that it was looking like about 87. I'm thinking Kidzplex may be the life saviour! We are only in the area for 2 days so surely I can keep her amused for that length of time. Thanks again for taking the time to send several suggestions my way.