We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best beach front hotel?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
14 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best beach front hotel?

We have made plans to spend three nights in Ventura in October and are trying to decide on a beach front hotel. All my research seems to point to the Crown Plaza, but it has received such horrible reviews, I am hesitant to book it. We are coming into Ventura on Amtrak and will not be renting a car so we need to be close to the hotel and downtown. What else is there with an ocean view besides the Crown Plaza that fits our criteria? I am so frustrated. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
14 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is the best beach front hotel?

I like your suggestion about switching to Santa Barbara and taking a day trip to Ventura. We had spent some time there about ten years ago and weren't too impressed with State St....to much of a college town. But then, we didn't have a car that time either. Any suggestions about a nice ocean side hotel? I haven't checked into whether S.B. has any decent antique shops, but that might be a possibility. Thanks for your help.

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is the best beach front hotel?

I would suggest staying at the Vagabond. It is near the train station and gets good reviews. Downtown Ventura received a face lift a few years ago. It now has lots of great restaurants, movie complex, to go along with the funky shops, antique dealers etc.. It's packed on the weekends. Ventura also has great surfing to watch.

Santa Barbara does not have that at all, but is a beautiful city. State Street is all national brand retailers that you find in any mall.

Edited: 4:38 pm, March 06, 2013
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What is the best beach front hotel?

lots happening In our Historic town of Ventura~ New Wineries, local eateries and brew pubs added to Main Street. Combine that with our NEW Downtown Harbor FREE trolley and you are set! Happy Hour at the Harbor and Sunset at the Beach~ all car free and flips flops :)

14. Re: What is the best beach front hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, July 02, 2015