We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking from my hotel to where???

USA
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
walking from my hotel to where???

HI, I'll be staying at the Comfort Inn on East Harbour without a car, where can I walk to that I should see-visit? I am a walker so a distance doesnt bother me if no busses or trollys are around. thanks!

1. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, October 06, 2010
Ventura, California
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

Well you can walk to the harbor for one! You can also walk down to seaward st. where it meets the sea great fish and chips place there. If you go down town there are tons of shops. you can walk down the board walk by the pier where little miss sunshine was filmed!

USA
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

PERFECT, thank you!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

Actually, there's a path that starts at the State Beach directly north of your motel, and continues, well, all the way up the Rincon about 13 miles. It's a great walk along the beach.

You could also just walk down to the wet sand at Seaward, and start walking north, to the pier, and then, if you wanted, turn right through the Crowne Plaza plaza (there's a great little art gallery there on the right side of the Plaza) and you'll see Ventura's old courthouse and its statue of Father Junipero Serra up the hill. Walk toward the courthouse and you'll encounter old downtown Ventura, which has stood in for Main Street in several Hollywood movies (like Swordfish). It's usually lively and entertaining (with live music at a couple of spots on weekends).

The Mission itself would be to your left on Main Street, there's also an archaelogical museum with an outdoor section that can be seen through the fence even when it's closed. There's a Patagonia outlet store in downtown Ventura (Santa Clara Street, Cheap Sports) and the actual Patagonia store is in an historic landmark building near where Santa Clara Street ends north of town (that's the street where you would have passed the Giant Moreton Bay Fig Tree).

Where Main Street goes under the freeway on its north end, the bike path/walkway meets Main Street and takes you back to the beach, so it's possible to a big loop and see a lot of interesting spots. C-Street has good surfing, and windsurfing, depending on weather, and it's always fun to watch.

USA
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

Well thank you, great suggestions and I do believe I will take that loop walk and see all those interesting sites you wrote about, with camera in hand!

Appreciate all the help you and guys have given me on so many occassions, thank you again!

6. Re: walking from my hotel to where???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2011