We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best part of town to live in?

Savannah
2 posts
Best part of town to live in?

OK, every town/city has their good and bad neighborhoods. Which are the best neighborhoods or areas to live in El Paso. North, south, east, west, you know what I mean. Also which are the not so nice areas to live in? thanks.

austin, tx
11 posts
1. Re: Best part of town to live in?

I would prefer to live on the West Side; the Upper Valley to be exact. The East Side has some nice areas, but as a whole it does not compare to the West Side. I definitely would not live in the Lower Valley or in the Northeast. Central is really old and looks worse than it actually is. But unless I was moving into the Kern area, I probably wouldn't live in Central either. FYI, the Kern area (an area in Central) has a lot of character. The houses are older, but nice. The neighborhood is generally clean and safe. Its near the University, restaurants, small businesses, and downtown.

FYI, I no longer live in El Paso, but visit at least twice a year. Someone that lives there may be able to give you more exact and up to date information.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
103 reviews
149 helpful votes
2. Re: Best part of town to live in?

The west side toward Sunland Park Mall is generally nicer. The east side, especially north of I-10 near Loop 375 has grown A LOT and there are quite a few new cookie-cutter developments out there, as well as Loop 375 being upgraded to a full freeway, which should open soon.

I personally like the central area, but some may find it a little dingy. Sunset Heights is beautiful, but is probably one of the more expensive places to live in town.

tampa bay, florida
1 post
3. Re: Best part of town to live in?

i lived in el paso for almost all of my life and north hills is definately the NICEST place to live in all of el paso. it has some of the biggest and nicest houses in all of el paso there. that's where me and my family used to live but the general north east part of town was really nice too. i know el paso like the back of my hand so ask me anything ( though i probably won't check up on this site again. i've done my part )

4. Re: Best part of town to live in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 15, 2009