We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety for travel to Chihuahua

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Safety for travel to Chihuahua

We are interested in travel in Mexico after crossing at Juarez on a bus from New Mexico. Looking for info on safety. Walt Gelb wagelb@gmail.com

El Paso
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

Destinations in Mexico, whether via bus from NM or other, are not a safe place to travel at this time.

Edited: 1:41 pm, June 02, 2010
El Paso Tx
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

Travel to Mexico is NOT a good idea....hundreds of people die there every week!! Innocent people just driving down the road have been shot and killed. It is not worth it,,,trust us!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

I'm glad this information has been posted. I'll be heading thru El Paso next June and was wondering if it was worth it to cross over the border.

I think we'll plan on spending some time in Mesilla near Las Cruces instead.

EL PASO TX
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

Staying out of Juarez and Mexico, is a good idea right now, the crime and violence is real and its a big risk. Juarez is not the Juarez it used to be, the streets are empty, restaurants are closed, and most people try to stay out of the streets as much as possible. Its a very sad situation.

Edited: 3:25 pm, December 02, 2010
USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

I must agree with previous posts. Unfortunately, Northern Mexico is NOT a SAFE to visit, specifically Juarez. Plus, there isn't much worth seeing anyway. Not worth the rist AT ALL.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

Even if it was as safe as El Paso, what do you do in Cd Juarez? I'm from Mexico and Juarez, Tijuana and Laredo are just boarder cities that makes us look bad. The only thing why americans go to Juarez is to buy prescription medicine(was because the law changed) and to buy alcohol and get really drunk (drinking age 18)

There is nothing to see here it's like a Bruce Willis in 3D, but maybe you can even feel the shots.

7. Re: Safety for travel to Chihuahua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 11, 2011