We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which language will you prefer in El Paso? (Spanish...

Which El Paso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Which language will you prefer in El Paso? (Spanish...

Try to write your mention, what do you think about this topic?

El Paso becomes an international tourist city with beautiful landscape, Juarez is twice as El Paso. BTW what does it mean: El Paso? I dunno, please try to explain. I am looking forward to answers

San Antonio
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Which language will you prefer in El Paso? (Spanish...

The question was asked What does El Paso mean? The original name was El Paso del Norte to the conquistadores and missionaries because this spot was the break in the Rocky Mountain range that allowed a Pass to the North and eventually California.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which language will you prefer in El Paso? (Spanish...

You can get by with either language in El Paso. In Juarez, Spanish seems preferred.

Daegu, South Korea
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which language will you prefer in El Paso? (Spanish...

Really, either Spanish or English will work in El Paso. However, many jobs will prefer that you speak both. This is the only place in the U.S I've been (except for select parts of Miami) where an entire commercial, newspaper advertisement, or store marquis is written in Spanish with absolutely no English at all. It truly is a bilingual city.