We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute hotel booking

Dallas
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
last minute hotel booking

Hi

I know its kinda really silly to even think about booking a hotel last few days of Memorial day weekend...but my husband and I thought of a road trip and thought we would like to visit Little Rock this coming weekend.

We want to stay close to the river market area or more towards downtown.I haven't been able to get a hotel other than those expensive ones for this weeeknd.Can anyone please suggest some economical hotel proably like $70/night and is not too far from all the fun! I just want to be sure that we live in a safe area...for that I'm even willing to increase my budget.

Last but not the least it'll be great if someone here can suggest few fun activities for 2 days or maybe a must see thing.. which we might miss.

Thanks a lot. I hope to get some help from you guys here.. coz you all are great here at this forum :)

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
336 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: last minute hotel booking

Here are four excellent restaurants with bars:

Sonny Williams Steak Room

http://www.sonnywilliamssteakroom.com/

Nu Cusine-Lounge

http://www.nucuisine-lounge.com/

Both of the above are located on President Clinton/Markham in the RiverMarket area. With Riverfest going on they might be hard to get to and to get in. Both would be worth the trouble

LuLav

arkansascommunities.com/LittleRock/…

I listedthis place in another post. It's just two blocks east on 6th from your hotel.

Brave New Restaurant

http://www.bravenewrestaurant.com/main.html

This is a truly fine restaurant. Peter Brave, the Chef/Owner, does a great job with excellent food and a beautiful location on the Arkansas River.You'll need your car to get there.

Benton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: last minute hotel booking

The places that oldcpa are all wonderful places! I know you had mentioned wanting to go to very casual places and in my honest opinion these places are a bit more on the "at least wear a pair of khaki pants" kind of thing. If you would like to do a nice dinner or two while here though I would second the places mentioned by oldcpa, especially Sonny Williams (a bit expensive though) and Brave New Restaurant.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: last minute hotel booking

Don't forget to Visit the Clinton Library. Somehow the local experts over look that one, plus you can see the new Heifer Project International Headquarters next to it. No tours, but it has won several environmental building certifications.

Also, just down I-630 (Wilbur Mills Freeway) are exits for Central High School. A beautiful building with incredible history. There is a National Park visitors center in a restored Texaco Gas station on the corner across from the School - stop in there for information.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: last minute hotel booking

Another little bit of history is located in north little rock, it is the old mill from the movie Gone with the wind.

The Old Mill

The Old Mill, located at Fairway Ave. & Lakeshore Drive in North Little Rock, is a historic re-creation of an 1880's water-powered grist mill. The mill was seen in the opening scenes of David Selznick's 1937 movie classic "Gone With The Wind", and is believed to be the only remaining structure from the film. Admission to The Old Mill is free, and the hours of operation are from sunrise to sunset.

The Old Mill, also known as Pugh's Mill, was built in 1933 by Justin Matthews as a replica of an old-water-powered grist mill. The mill was designed to appear as if it belonged in Arkansas and had been here since the 1800s. It is made largely from tinted concrete work over steel and copper rods made to represent wood, iron or stone, and features sculptures by Mexican artist Senor Dionicio Rodriguez

Old Mill, North Little Rock, AR

Lakeshore Drive and Fairway Avenue

North Little Rock, AR 72116

Directions: From I-40, take JFK Blvd. (Ark. 107) north to McCain Blvd.; turn right on McCain, then right on Lakeshore Drive. From U.S. 67/167 take the McCain Blvd. West exit; take a left on Lakeshore Drive

It's just a unique form of history that alot of peole don't even know.

Searcy, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: last minute hotel booking

when you get back home, let us know what you thought of the river market and little rock and riverfest. We were there last night

and saw Dwight Yokum. Can't wait to hear what you thought.

albany, ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: last minute hotel booking

Hello all,

I am a TA employee, and through the nominations submitted, this thread was brought to my attention. First, many compliments on the excellent material submitted here.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that I took my first shot at preserving this information in a format that will allow you to link to it without always having to "bump" it to the top. This is with our new TripAdvisor Inside feature, where anyone can edit and update information.

The page is here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60766-c3201/Little-R…

To see (and edit/create) more Little Rock pages, go here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60766-s1/…Inside.html

Again, this first pass was meant to be exactly that ... a first pass. From here, it's up to you to update and maintain the information, and add things I missed from the thread!!! :-)

Have a great day!

17. Re: last minute hotel booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Little Rock