We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

Which Cedar City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

If you are expecting hot showers, good food and pleasant service at a bed and breakfast, don't stay here!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,463 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

Please explain more or post a review. Thanks.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

Adam - here's the additional info you requested (I originally wrote this as a trip advisor - it hasn't been posted yet...)

My husband and I planned our annual trip to Cedar City, Utah (we enjoy the plays at the Shakespeare Festival) and thought it would be fun to stay at a bed and breakfast instead of a regular hotel. We made reservations at the Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast and were looking forward to our stay. We arrived a little early and were happy to find that we were able to check in. The grounds were pretty and our first impression of the room (the “Tree Room”) was that it was cute and clean. By morning, our impression changed substantially. We got very little sleep as the room above us was full of small children that ran about at various hours throughout the night. There was a smell of urine that seemed to permeate the room. The TV remote control did not work. The biggest drawback, however, came when it was time to shower. I got in to take my shower first. It was nice and hot and good water pressure – that is until about halfway through my shower. The water turned cold, even with the cold water turned completely off. My husband was next. His shower began with hot water also, but quickly turned to cold as well. As there is no phone in the unit, we could not call the manager to inquire about this. We decided to go to breakfast to see if that improved our impression of the place. We were looking forward to the waffles and hot items mentioned on their website. We arrived (by the way, breakfast is only between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m.) only to find a few French toast, and nearly empty containers of scrambled eggs, ham, and potatoes. The other choices were cold cereal, yogurt and honey dew melon. The breakfast was what you might be happy with at a regular motel’s free breakfast, but was not what we have ever experienced at a bed and breakfast. We decided that, for $140 per night, we were not getting anything near our money’s worth. We packed our bag and headed to the office. The older woman who met us seemed completely surprised that we wanted to check out unexpectedly. We noted some of the issues that we had and why we felt it necessary to move on. My husband even suggested that perhaps the “Tree Room” was simply not a good match for us. The woman’s response was to educate us about individuals who “make their living traveling about the country like this.” I did tell her that I was offended at the insinuation that this is what was occurring here. She did say that she hadn’t meant to offend me, but reaffirmed that some people do that, adding that these are usually the “wealthy people or those who are never satisfied.” I explained that we don’t fit into either of those categories and noted that we have never checked out early from a hotel. I am unsure as to how we would have “made a living” at this since they had already been paid. I wasn’t quick enough to suggest the inappropriateness of a business making money off of people when they do not provide the expected services. She then inquired as to how breakfast was. When we reported that there wasn’t much to eat, she stood up, threw her pen at us and said, “That’s it, you need to get out of here now!” My husband asked that she have the manager call us (she had said earlier that she did not know how to handle any reimbursements – that the manager would have to see about that), she advised that she was the owner and slammed the door in our faces. We are still awaiting the report from our credit card company to see if the charges were reversed, as we were forced to prepay. The good ending to this was that we spent that night at the Crystal Inn in Cedar City. It was a very clean room, had hot water, and the breakfast was great!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,463 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

Thanks for that. When we travel around America we love staying at B&B's and have never had a bad experience (bar one hostess who was more Martha Stewart than Martha Stewart) so it's always useful to get an alternative viewpoint.

4. Re: Willow Glen Bed and Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, August 12, 2009