We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rainy day ideas for teens

metairie, la
13 posts
Save Topic
rainy day ideas for teens

just checked weather forecast. looks like we may have some rain during our visit. we arrive on thurs for visit through mon. we = me & 3 teenage girls. tks to this forum, have pages of notes and ideas. being from new orleans area, we are used to rain, but any hints on best to do?? tks.

metairie, la
13 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: rainy day ideas for teens

funny, what a small world, my family is in s.a., austin, and houston, tx.

tks so much for hints. of course, 14 yr old girls would love to spot a celebrity. we already had soho on plan with little itely and chinatown. i've let the girls peruse books, printouts and pick their wish list. won't have enough time to do it all, so will have to return.

it's 72 degrees here, so i am actually looking forward to the cooler temps. told the girls to layer and bring backpacks.

tks again

NYC
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: rainy day ideas for teens

As far as backpacks go? I'm sure you know this, but it's worth repeating: Nothing of value gets kept in any bag where you cannot see whose hands are in the bag. No wallets, no cameras, no iPods.

metairie, la
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: rainy day ideas for teens

tks for reminder. knew that in back of my mind, just hadn't thought of it. i'll be carrying most of "valuables", as the girls don't even often carry purses so they tend to misplace them.