We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citi Field

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Citi Field

Looking to take in a mets braves game when arriving in nyc the week of may 2.

Can anyone advise where a good seat is at the stadium? I know the bleachers are probably cheapest but all the prices I can see on mlb.com seem very reasonable so wondered where would be decent to sit.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
18,703 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citi Field

I thought the 500 section behind the home plate was good. I could see the whole field of play plus the scoreboard and the famous signs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citi Field

I sat in section 412 behind the plate and had a great view. There was also access to s apecial bar (Caesars? Can't remember the name, which had some different food options and came in very handy during a rain delay!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citi Field

There are very few "bad"seats at CitiField. Depends on the experience you are looking for, and of course budget. Bleachers seats will view the game looking from the outfield in, essentially looking at the players backs. Bleachers seats tend to be the most inexpensive of available seating options. Seats behind the home late area look out at the field basically from a batters perspective. This type seat usually are most expensive, getting less costly the higher the level of seat. The cost of a field level seat behind home plate and a bleacher seat are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum. If you state a budget, some of the experts can guide you better. Good luck!

sydney
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citi Field

We were happy with our seats in the 326 section.

London
Level Contributor
342 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citi Field

I like the Caesar's gold section as I like the overhead view and they are infield. Really good view.

But depending on your budget, there aren't really any bad seats that I've come across and I've sat all over.

Don't eat before you go because the ball park food is so good compared to what we get at football, so you will want to try some.

London
Level Contributor
342 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Citi Field

Forgot to say - If you go on the Mets Website, it will show you a shot on the seat planner of what the section view is aswell.

…mlb.com/nym/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Citi Field

I prefer seats in the infield - in the V shape from First Base to Home Plate to Third Base. I'd rather be higher up than be in the outfield.

Before the game we like to get food in the area behind the outfield scoreboard - lots of good options there, including Shake Shack, Blue Smoke BBQ, and Two Boots Pizza.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Citi Field

Thanks for the advice will check out the site and session what's about

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Citi Field

Generally you can get downloadable/printable tickets on Stubhub for under face value close to the game day. Last year I was able to get ~$100 face value tickets in section 319 for $25 plus transaction fees because I waited until a couple hours before the game.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Citi Field

Hi David

We've been to 2 Mets games, the first was purchased off stubhub a few hours before the game & were seated in 310, paid approx $70 for 2 tix with a decent view.

The second time I googled Mets discount & found a Dunkin Donut code which gave us seats in 330, we paid $77 inc fees for 3 seats, bargain! Again a decent view.

Definitely eat at the game & arrive in time for a look around, take in the atmosphere & the national anthem.

Go Mets!