We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first of may

New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
first of may

silly question?? do all the pretty flowering pink and colorful trees bloom in april or may? early or late? bet it's beautiful in the city~!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first of may

Hi snl1129! I was hoping you would post again. I'm sorry this isn't a response to your post but I wanted to share with you that Greyhound and Peter Pan are having a special right now - Boston to NYC roundtrip $30.00 per person. So we have changed our plans to drive into New Haven, which would have taken us 3.5 to 4 hours and now we are going to South Station and riding a bus for 4.5 hours! You had asked me before how we were getting to NYC and at that time we were taking the train in from New Haven. This is saving is money and we will have more energy (from not driving) to enjoy our trip!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
New York
New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first of may

I am also looking into that! Thank you for the info. We were going to do the same taking the train in from Stamford or New Haven CT and driving to there. It is much more economical doing the greyhound or Peter Pan. I've done many bus trips there and back from Providence RI in the last 20 years or so. Can't be beat. It shows on the website that some buses only have one stop between Boston and NYC, where others are stopping at least 5-6 times making the bus trip 6-7 hours from Boston. I would definitely do the quicker one. We drove into NYC last Thanksgiving from Providence in 3 hours. Not an ounce of traffic that night on the streets of NY. It was very strange, but nice! Have a great trip! Let us know how you liked the Warwick.

Mentioned in this post
New Haven
New Haven
Connecticut
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Boston
Boston
New York
Warwick
Warwick
New York
New England
Level Contributor
348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first of may

P.S. put in my dates of travel and it comes up for $52. roundtrip boston to NYC wed-sun. that's a great deal. Not only for us, but for anyone looking for a little excursion from the city.

NYC
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first of may

Late April-early May for flowering trees. Of course, there aren't a lot of trees, flowering or otherwise, in most of Manhattan. One reason New Yorkers are so in love with Central Park is because it's their closest local site to see grass and green things.

As for a bus to Boston, google Chinatown bus.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
New York
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: first of may

If you go to centralparknyc.org there is a bloom chart - you put in the month and it tells what flowers will be blooming at that time! Pretty neat.

I will post about our trip next week (we are going this Friday-Sunday). Keeping our fingers crossed for the weather.

I did look into the buses from Chinatown. They are a really good deal but somebody told me that they can be quite crowded - I didn't know how comfortable they would be for that length of a ride.

Our bus ride is only 4.5 hours - that was almost the drive to New Haven!