We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

Hi,

There are three of us arriving at Newark 6 am and need to drop our stuff at the hotel so we can roam the city.We are staying at the Comfort Inn Midtown. We are leaving on Friday am the same way on the way back home. Flight out is 9am. How should we trave to and from the airport in NJ. All I have read about on the forum is all about JFK airport. WE have bags on wheels. Such a neat invention. I am concerned because we will be in morning rush hour. How much time should we allow going back to the airport on Friday AM?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from $175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from $199.00*
$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from $83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from $36.00*
New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

The trip won't tkae long at all. Get a yellow cab from the airport to your hotel.

If you go to the web site for Newark Airport (just google Newark Airport) there is a section on getting to and from the airport.

Good information.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,435 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

Here;s the transport info for Newark

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsfram.htm

I'm not sure I agree with Sara about the cab. If you want door to door service, I'd order a car service to pick you up. It will cost less than a cab. Since you're arriving so early, if you want to save some money and are not in a rush, you could easily take one of the buses that go to Port Authority bus terminal in NYC. For 3 that should cost about $40 (double check my numbers). From Port Authority you could walk or take a short cab ride to your hotel. Your other option is the train to Grand Central. Only problem with that, it will be hard to find a cab from Penn Station to your hotel at that hour.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,435 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

Sorry, to avoid confusion, the train from Newark goes to PENN station (not Grand) which is 34 & 7th. Your hotel is at 46th & 6th I think so 12-14 blocks, walkable if you don't mind.

Florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: How do we get from flight in Newark to Comfort Inn Midtown?

The four of us fly in to Newark and find the least confusing/most cost effective way to get to our hotel on 47th & 7th is by taking the bus to port authority and taking a short cab ride or sometimes just walking. It's really not far and thankfully we do have that great luggage on wheels. Good luck!