We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Topic
Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

We are planning a family (extended) trip to NYC for next Nov (2007) and need to know of any hotels that offer rooms with a view of the parade - balconies would be ideal as we don't want to be on the street for the parade if possible. Also, we need a place that offers a kitchnette of at least an empty mini fridge for food storage as we have two Celiacs in the group. Does such a place exist for under $300 a night or am I dreaming? Thanks if anyone can help!

rqf
New York City
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

There are some hotels on the parade route but I doubt you will find one with rooms from which you can view the parade at this late date. You are not likely to find one for under $300.

Some hotels on the parade route - Marriott Marquis, Crown Plaza, Novotel, Doubletree Suites, Comfort Inn Central Park West. None have balconies.

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

Thanks rqf. I thought over a year in advance would be plenty of time......we are not going until next November - not next month. I hope you just didn't see that part. I'll contact the places you mentioned - thanks!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

You have time, the person probably misread your date. Definitely check out the Novotel. I stayed there one year and had a room with a great view. Make sure you specifically book a room with a parade view not too high up (otherwise you will only see the tops of things).

This will cost you dearly, but you have a whole year to save up for it right?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

I found this page with exactly the information you want including the names of the hotels and how to go about booking rooms with the best views.

…about.com/od/thanksgiving/a/parade_hotel.htm

An alternative idea is to book breakfast at Foley's Fish House (in the Renaissance hotel) which has a view of the parade. The breakfast will be pricey, but probably not as expensive as a hotel room for several nights.

Here's a package that was offered this year that includes hotels on the route (not rooms with views) but a breakfast buffet is included with views of the parade. They don't say where it is.

www.nyctrip.com/Pages/index.aspx?PageID=83

The Affinia Manhattan is an all suite hotel (with kitchens) that's not far from Macy's and the end of the parade route, but wouldn't have views. The best option would probably be the Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square. All their rooms are suites with a small kitchen (fridge, microwave etc.)

5. Re: Hotel on Macy's Thanksgiving day parade route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 21, 2009