We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

I was looking for some feedback about anyone who has seen Wicked. Do you think that Mezzanine or Orchestra seating would be best. Also, what about the partial view Orchestra seats. How will that affect viewing the performance?

Thank you for any feedback.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

I love the show, seen it twice,

Center orchestra or front messanine are great but anywhere shuld be OK. The special effect for Defying Gravity is best viewed from the center.

The Girshwin is a huge theater!

Altamonte Springs...
Level Contributor
345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

Since this is an impossible ticket and 14 attempts at the lottery have come and gone without success, I'm thinking of going the Stub Hub/Ebay route. However, a lot of what they offer, at least in the orchestra, seems to be partial view. CPI, after your comment on the Defying Gravity effect, how good/bad/indifferent are left or right side seats?

Thanks in advance...will also be checking ticketmaster as my planned day approaches and the cancellation line if I just decide to wing it.

New Orleans, LA
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

I went to see Wicked last month and sat in front mezzanine (CC) in the center. The seats were fabulous and my whole family loved the show. I got the tickets on the TicketsNow website. Very expensive, but it was the first Broadway show for all of us and definitely worth it. I would not stray to far from the center for the best view.

UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

I saw Wicked earlier in the summer while in New York, and can recommend where I was sitting - dead centre, rear mezz. I was on the second to back row and it was not too far back at all - the view was amazing.

I agree with everyone who says sit as close to the centre as possible, you definitely get he best view.

While I can't comment on partial view Wicked seats, I did get partial view seats for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and wouldn't really recommend them if you can avoid it (although mine were cheap from TKTS so were ok really!) as for that show at least, I did miss lots of things that were going on at the side of the stage.

My rear mezz tickets for Wicked were $55 and were the bargain of the holiday!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

If it is your only chance to see the show or if they are discounted, i'd take them, but I would much rather see the whole stage.

When R U going?

london
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

Saw Wicked last week. Got partial view seats in EE stage left. Was really surprised by how good they were. Most of the action took place at front of stage. I don't feel I missed out, in fact I saved, except I spent it on a meal afterwards. Really good theatre no sloping floor, plenty of leg room etc.

Altamonte Springs...
Level Contributor
345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

October 7 or 8...the whole reason for going down is Celebrity Jeopardy at Radio City, but haven't heard anything about that since putting in a ticket request last month. Kind of hinges on that.

Makes me think I should open a separate forum about Jeopardy...

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

i was sitting in the rear mezz.. right at the top and had amazing views.. sitting end row but 4 seats and you could see the whole set- and had a better view in my opinion of the monkeys that fly over head in the middle of the play :o) i paid $155 with postage thru a ticket liquidator but i dont regrett paying that much at all.. loved the show and would love to watch it again :o)

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

We got tickets back in Feb for next month. We ended up in Mezz H seats 101-2 due to budget.

Though I have come across 2 seating plans, one with 9 rows in the mezz and one with 12. Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks a lot :o)

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wicked--Orchestra or Mezzanine seats

Yeah, I have two different seats for Wicked...My sister decided to join me after I already booked my ticket--I'm thinking of switching with her at intermission so we can both have the different views and then judge which was better.

I'm taking the dead center row M seats for the first half (as I always hear Defying Gravity is best if in the center) and I might switch to her row, Row G left orchestra--I think her seat is fairly far over to the wall though.

And I'm not being selfish with taking what might be the better seats as she really doesn't have a huge desire to see this musical (She's looking forward to The Color Purple though)

I posted over at unexaminedlife to see if someone could help me on which seats are better but so far it's been a few weeks and no one has responded...it's a fairly dead site over there right now.