We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY to Washington by Train

belfast, northern...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
NY to Washington by Train

Hi, party of 4 also planning the same trip from NY to Washington in October, didn't think we could afford the train, was taking the bus as the cheaper option. Travelling 4th about 7 am from Penn St NY to Washington (which station should I select in Washington???) and returning 5th at 7 pm got a fare of $252 (used your code - thanks for that). Is this the total fare for 4 of us it's nearly too good to be true,? K

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY to Washington by Train

Penn Station to Washington DC Union Station.

That is a great fare, by the way, used to be that fare all of the time, so you got a bargain.

And if you want to something fun take the DC Duck tour:

historictours.com/washington/…20Tours.htm

belfast, northern...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY to Washington by Train

Thanks NYCgirl, just over 3 weeks to go and I am soooo excited. At the planning/booking stage and I find the forum hints a real help. We're off to celebrate my husbands 50th and my daughters 21st so I'm hoping it will be a trip to remember. Thanks again k

3. Re: NY to Washington by Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 23, 2009