We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good idea to save time at JFK?

Pembroke Pines, FL.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Good idea to save time at JFK?

We are arriving on Friday, 6/27 on JetBlue at 8:45 am. We have a rental car reservation through Hertz at Federal Circle. The issue is we have an ESPN tour arranged for 1:30 pm same day up in Bristol, Conn. As long as the flight arrives on time, is it reasonable to think that we could be on the road by 11:00 am? Haven't heard too many great things about Hertz at JFK, so was thinking AS SOON AS we land, I will head straight to Federal Circle, leaving my wife and 16 year old son to get luggage, then loop around to arrivals to pick them up once I get car. Is that an easy thing to do and will it save any time?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good idea to save time at JFK?

After wading through all the ESPN hits, it seems they do not offer tours to the general public. If this was something that was privately set up, I'm sure they'd be understanding if you called to say (if) you were running late?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Good idea to save time at JFK?

The Laurelton is the short connector between the Belt and the Cross Island/Southern State.

And if the Whitestone Bridge (678) is backed up, the Throgs Neck (295) is an alternative

Edited: 3:49 pm, June 24, 2014
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,369 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Good idea to save time at JFK?

And if you rent an EZPass for tolls that will save you time at the bridge crossing.

14. Re: Good idea to save time at JFK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 26, 2015