We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 and half days itinerary

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
3 and half days itinerary

Hello everyone,

I will go to New York City for travel 3 and a half day. I will live near by Newport, Jersey City. I will arrive new york about 4 PM. on the first day. My itinerary is below, can anyone give me some suggestion. I probably will buy a citypass which

day one, I have no idea for this afternoon

day two, morning I will go to Empire State building, then go to Intrepid Sea,Air & Space museum.

After lunch, united nation building, Top of the Rock, time square, 5th avenue. modern art museum

day three, central park for 1-2 hour. Museum of natural history, Columbia University, the metropolitan museum of art, I need to find something at night for this day.

day four, statue of liberty& ellis island, wall streets, world trade center, Ground Zero, Italian town, Union square.

how is my itinerary, can anyone give me some attraction and some good itinerary

Thank you so much!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,599 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 and half days itinerary

Don't buy a city pass unless you are dead certain it will save you money. Most folks find that it costs more than the savings & it forces them to rush from attraction to attraction without the ability to really enjoy the city. If you aren't convinced, go to the web sites of the attractions on the pass you really want to see & can do in the time you're in the city & add up what it would cost without the pass.

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 and half days itinerary

oh, i see.

How is my itinerary looks?

do i need to add other attraction??

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,599 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 and half days itinerary

On day 2, you're starting in the center of Manhattan then going to the far west side then to the far east side of the island then back to the center of Manhattan. You need to plot out all of your must sees on a map & then see which order you want to see these then perhaps move one of day 2 to day 1, perhaps top of the Rock to nearer sunset after dinner & then Times Square.

As for other attractions, it all depends on what you want. It looks like your days are reasonably filled. What would you like to do in the evening?

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 and half days itinerary

Are you not interested in going to see any shows? That would be perfect for a night or two.

5. Re: 3 and half days itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 07, 2015