We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in NYC on may 17-30

Cebu City...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in NYC on may 17-30

Can anybody tell me the weather in NYC on those dates. Appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from $175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from $199.00*
$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from $83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from $36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

Now how would anyone know that?

Look at weather.com a few days before your trip for an update.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

It will be subject to change.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,225 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

Sunny or rainy. i will go out on a limb and predict no snow, but I could be wrong.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
905 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

I'm arriving Friday and 3 different websites are showing different forecasts!

It is May. It will be a bit sunny, a bit cloudy, a bit rainy, probably some wind. Shouldn't be too cold nor too hot.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

NY weather really does change right up to the last moment....keep an eye on the forecasts here as your departure date approaches:

www.weather.com/weather/today/USNY0996:1:US

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

PS - I had a lovely stay in Cebu a few years back :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,179 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

May should be fine. It might rain or be windy or whatever. You should pack a light jacket and an umbrella or rain jacket just in case. The fact the official forecasters don't agree should tell you something. Weather is changeable. If you're prone to feeling chilly at night or in air conditioning, pack a sweater, etc. The real cold should have passed by then. No snow in May. :) Not likely anyway.

Edited: 10:04 pm, May 07, 2014
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

I'm coming during that time period, but for a shorter stay more towards the end of the month.

You won't have freezing temps, but you could have chilly temps (especially nighttime and early morning) or you could have very warm temps with humidity - almost uncomfortably so if you are out and about in the sun for hours on end.. It's a transition time.

I'm planning on having a raincoat with removable warm lining, and also a nice and stylish medium weight cardigan that can be worn with a variety of items (including dresses). I'm also planning on having "warm weather" clothing. Short sleeves, light pants/capris/skirts, etc. If the forecast is cooler, I may bring a light leather jacket and fewer warn weather things.

I'll have the luxury of checking the immediate weather forecast before I pack for a 6 day trip, so will adjust accordingly. You won't have that luxury with a 12 day trip. Weather is too variable for 10+ day forecasts to be accurate.

Layering is the key. Have something warmer to wear over lighter weight items. Or maybe even two layers if necessary. Plan on having pants/trousers and closed shoes (not just sandals), but also have lighter weight items. Temps in the 50's F are possible during nighttime and early morning hours. Somewhat hot and humid temps are also possible.

Yes, you'll need a large suitcase, but you can be smart about versatile layering.

Edit: I just googled your city and see that it is in the Philippines. You will want warm layers for when whether is a bit chilly. Two layers. No heavy winter coats though and you don't want the layers to look like ski sweaters :-)

Edited: 10:42 pm, May 07, 2014
Cebu City...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

Really? That's good to hear. I bet you loved the beaches here. Did you try diving? Cebu is one of the best diving spots in the Philippines.

Do you plan on coming back for vacation?

Cebu City...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

Thanks for all your advice. They are so helpful.

10. Re: weather in NYC on may 17-30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 11, 2015