We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of store is Century 21?

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What type of store is Century 21?

I've heard some good things but I was wondering if it is like a high street store like H&M or more like TKMAXX?

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

It is a designer discount store-they sell different designers at discount price-their buyers usually will get: past season/ overstock/or closeout deals on designer clothes and shoes & then they pass it on to the consumer.

It is a really large store & close to 9/11 memorial and Battery Park (where you catch the Ferry to Statue of Liberty) so many people who visit NYC, people who work in that area & local residents frequent there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
491 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

This is a nightmare of a store to NYC locals because there are way too many tourists shopping there. I always have to prepare myself mentally before taking on this awful challenge. And I usually regret it each time

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,440 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

It's closer to TK Maxx but much much bigger.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

As a European you'll find it good value.

You can definitely pick up some bargains if you rummage a bit.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

I called in a couple of yrs ago and hated it. It was overcrowded, untidy and couldn't find a thing.

its bigger than tkmaxx but definitely more along them lines. For me personally I wouldn't go unless you are prepared to push through and search like crazy for a good bargain.

I think their are so so many better shops in NYC to shop in.

enjoy your holiday x

Canada
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

I am a shopper, and I enjoy getting a bargain, but I hate Century 21. I pop in to look at handbags, then head around the corner to the shoe department, that get out. I find the ladies' clothing to be disorganized and messy even early in the morning, and a complete disaster later in the day. Add in the lines to use the washroom or the fitting rooms, followed by another long line simply to pay, and I would rather shop just about anywhere else. While I hear stories of people finding great deals on designer clothing, I have never seen it. In fact, I find most of the clothing is the identical product and price that I see at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

There is a smaller one up by Columbus Circle that's a bit more manageable and has pretty similar stock.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

For men's shopping-it is good for socks/underwear/ties(if you dig)/belts.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,084 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

Century 21 has gone through major renovations in the recent years....it is much more manageable now.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What type of store is Century 21?

. I agree that the store at Lincoln Center (further up Broadway from Columbus Circle) is way more manageable;-) Only time I was at the downtown store I walked in.. and fought my way out another door.. it was elbow to elbow! Enjoy!