We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 generations in New York

midlands UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
3 generations in New York

I wanted to say a big 'thank you' to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post on here as it helped me to put together a great 5 day stay for my mum (86), my daughter (28) and me (53), and to New Yorkers for their good humour and kindness. Rewind to October 2013 when my mum was bemoaning the fact that she hadn't been on a plane for a holiday for four years; my daughter asked her where she would choose to go. The answer was 'New York' and so, last week, the trip became reality. My mum walked for miles (she is very active as you can tell) and absolutely loved everything we did and saw, never flagging. New York people were so kind to her (thank you to the man who let us through to the front of the SoL ferry and the countless people who helped us everywhere we went). The weather was warm and sunny the whole time too.

I thought I'd mention a few highlights in case they may appeal to anyone else planning a trip; the rooftop bar at The Strand for cocktails (lovely ESB view) and also The Press Lounge rooftop bar which was well worth a visit even though it was away from the main touristy bits and not as easy to get to - the view was fabulous; Top of the Rock as the sun was going down; Brooklyn Flea at Fort Greene ( lovely vintage stalls, great food, craft/art stalls) followed by a walk along Montague Street, Brooklyn Promenade and the Brooklyn Bridge; afternoon tea at the Plaza; Central Park on a Sunday. We did loads more but I won't bore you all with the details! We three generations had a wonderful time and we'll never forget it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 generations in New York

So glad to hear that you had a great trip! If you'd like to post more of a trip report, please do...we LOVE all the details!! :)

Edited: 1:01 pm, April 17, 2014
2. Re: 3 generations in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 19, 2015