We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newsies or Cinderella

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Newsies or Cinderella

Please help me decide. I'm taking my DD (pre teen) in May and have narrowed it down to these two. We are lucky to have seen Matlida and the Lion King in London which we loved but we both want to experience Broadway so are looking for feedback as to which of the above has the WOW factor.

Many thanks

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

I haven't seen Cinderella but Newsies is fabulous!! If you enjoy great dance/tap numbers you would love this too. I believe there are discounts available on www.broadwaybox.com as well

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Haven't seen Newsies but did see Cinderella with my 23 year old daughter. We enjoyed Cinderella but found the music was a bit dated as it was the original Rogers and Hammerstien score, That being said there were some amazing effects where the cast got changed on stage in front of you and it did have a magical feel. We did have discount tickets

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Thank you both for your feedback, still undecided as they both sound great. Will spend the rest of the evening reading some more of the reviews and make a choice tomorrow morning.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,754 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Didhelikeit.com

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Thank you nywhiz, off to take a look now.

conn
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

check who will be in Newsies and if its a favorite of your DD than pick Newsies if not then Cinderells is the better classic broadway musical.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

I also enjoyed newsies a lot, mostly because of the fantastic dancing by the boys

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Why not check them both out on youtube & see which one interests you more?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,282 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Cinderella is a more "girly" show. Newsies is historical.

Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Newsies or Cinderella

Thanks again to everyone for their input, I've just booked tickets for Cinderella. Tough choice but decided after looking at the videos on Youtube it came across as having that little bit more of the 'magic' I was looking for for my little princess.